Thursday, August 20, 2009

Go ahead, pick a fight



I will be participating in the Philadelphia LIVESTRONG Challenge for the third year this Sunday. LIVESTRONG, if you're not aware, is Lance Armstrong's charity that raises money to help cancer patients and their families.

I participate in this event in honor of some important people in my life who have battled cancer, some overcoming the disease, some losing their lives to it. And this year, I walk in support of my good friend, who lost her mother to breast cancer this year.

The LIVESTRONG Challenge is an amazing event that touches the lives of not only the 6,000+ participants in Philly alone, but many families who will be helped by the over $3 million dollars that has been raised this year. If you feel so inspired, you can donate to my fundraising efforts through this link.

And I would highly encourage you to consider participating in the Challenge in 2010 (it takes place in several cities across the country) if you've never done so before -- you won't regret it. I'll be taking lots of pictures on Sunday, and I'll be sure to share them next week.

Here's my team at the event last year. All a little bit tired, but it was a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment