Monday, September 28, 2009

Side note re: I ♥ Faces

Okay, I know the point of I ♥ Faces is for photographers to have fun, learn something, and get eyeball on their photos. So, I should probably be nice. But this has been brewing for a few weeks, so I have to say something.

The instructions for I ♥ Faces' weekly challenges are pretty simple. Create a new blog post with ONE picture that goes along with the challenge for the week. Include the I ♥ Faces button, or a link to the site. Oh, and make sure your photo shows at least one face.

Not too tough, right? Well, every week I make sure to click on as many entries as I have time for (keeping the blogger karma going) and comment on the ones I really like. I can't tell you how many posts:
  1. Don't have any faces shown. Hello people, it's called I ♥ Faces, not I ♥ Pretty Scenery.
  2. Don't link back to the original post. Come on, these people are providing us with a great site, you can't oblige them with a linkback?
  3. Ignore the challenge rules. Like this week, the description clearly states: "If you'd like to incorporate a "blue" expression on the face, that would awesome as well, but please make sure that the color blue is a strong feature of your photo as well." Well, apparently to some people, those rules don't apply. Because I saw at least one black and white photo with a picture of a person who looks sad. Not the kind of blue this challenge was going for.
I know, I need to get over it. But it's been one of those days, and I just needed to vent. Vent over now :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Jessica -- I'm sure my post was one that made you cringe. Honest mistake and I really thank you for pointing it out :) Stephanie (thehipblog.squarespace.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry if I sounded unnecessarily harsh, but like I said, it was one of those days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, not at all-- we all have those days :) And guess what, even after I fixed the original mistake, I made another one! I left the other picture in the post--fixed that, too. I'll get it sooner or later!

    ReplyDelete