Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wrapping up the summer

Summer may not officially be over for another two weeks, but it certainly feels over today. Although, as my husband wisely pointed out last night, summer doesn't have quite the same appeal after college graduation, unless you're a teacher. And let me tell you, if I saw one more Facebook status update from a teacher friend who was traveling to Europe during their vacation, I was going to lose it.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be posting more regularly now that the crazy summer is over.

While Geoff and I seemed to be the only people in the Philadelphia region who didn't trek down to Avalon or Sea Isle City this weekend, we still enjoyed the gorgeous weather. And we hosted our first dinner for more than four people last night! Both of our sets of parents, as well as my aunt and Geoff's younger brother came over for dinner last night. It's amazing how a relatively simple meal becomes quite a bit more complicated when you're making it for eight people. However, dinner was a success (largely thanks to my helpers -- both moms and my aunt) and Geoff only had to be sent on errands twice (one missing ingredient and an empty propane tank). Overall, I consider it a success.

Sadly, no pictures to share -- I was too busy directing everyone around the kitchen and making lime margarita cupcakes. Mmmm. Email me if you want the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment